Book Launch | 29 June 2017
Businessman, professional speaker and author Douglas Kruger, launched his latest book “They’re Your Rules – Break Them!” at Skoobs Theatre of Books, Montecasino.
This is the first launch I’ve been to where the author did all the talking – not surprising when you look at his c.v.! Mr Kruger had the audience enthralled from beginning to end and all left thinking about things a little differently.
Without giving away all the book’s secrets, here are some of the tips this inspirational man had for us:
- First look at what can be tinkered with (you don’t want to break the law!)
- Which rules are people already breaking?
- What if you suspended emotion and judgement and then relooked at it?
- Would the outcome be different?
- Does everybody look at the business in the same way you do?
- If not, how can you change this?
- What if you took all the rules away?
- In reality, what would change?
- Where has this problem been solved before?
- If you have a problem, someone else has already solved it – find out who and how.
- One of the best ways to improve your business is to experience it as a customer would. Although a checklist may have its place, your experience as a customer is invaluable. Ask the question “What is awful about us?” Negative comments are pure gold because they highlight an area for immediate change.
- What if free debate and discussion around the way, why and how things are done was a daily occurrence? How could this improve your business?
- Examine what it is that you actually sell (disruptive innovation).
These are a few of the areas addressed in this little book of gold! For any person looking to improve their business, this is a book should be read.
#EventReview #NonFiction #Business